Thursday 7 October 2010

Ridiculously happy

I am ridiculously happy today.

No particular reason, but my heart is soaring and my spirit is singing.

I’ve had a smirk on my face all day long. It started this morning, after a meeting with my boss who gave my project the go ahead. I had to excuse myself and go and smile hard in the toilet for a few minutes, because the degree of my smiliness was out of proportion with the result of what was actually a fairly mundane encounter.

It continued after a powwow with my new supervisor. For some reason he couldn’t sort out the lighting in the meeting room, so I was grinning about the hilariousness of the “mood lighting” encounter.

After another meeting this afternoon, more smiles. Left work early, sunshine still blazing all around me. The bus was late, commuters all around me were getting tense. My happiness bubble was intact. And so it went on.

And then I remembered something. On the bus this morning, I was listening to my ipod, when something unusual shuffled itself in to my aural space. I was nearing the end of my journey, so I didn’t listen for long, but I did shut my eyes and let the sounds swirl around me and soak in completely.

It was The Gyuto Monks of Tibet ~ The Jewel in the Lotus ~ A Guided Meditation for Healing the Heart.

I think it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment