Friday 11 March 2011

No apologies

 The trouble with expressing yourself… 

…is that the sad, bad and mad comes out too.

OK, so I’m fully on board with this whole throat chakra thing, and keen to keep pushing energy through this part of my life until it becomes part of my permanent and habitual way of being.

However, there’s a bit of a problem here.  Along with the meaningful and inspired outpourings comes everything else too.  On at three recent and separate occasions, I have found myself "expressing" some of my not-so-nice sentiment.  In fairly spectacular, unexpected and ungracious ways.

You cannot be fully open through a centre of expression whilst simultaneously withholding "some" of your truth.  There’s no room for denial in the blue room.  You’re either expressing or you’re not.

So, I’m not planning on going on a telling-it-like-it-is rampage (complete with swears) any time soon.  But I am going to let go of this notion that what comes out needs to meet anyone else’s idea of "acceptable". 

If you don’t want your toes trodden on, I suggest you tuck them away now.

Untitled by Joana Roja

No comments:

Post a Comment