Tuesday 23 November 2021

Questions

Is this how it will be now? 

You have taken my anguish 

And honed it to an entirely new sharpness

Ground against the whetstone of betrayal

And then turned it back upon me.


How could you? 

How could you? 

How could you? 


I can’t do this anymore.

It has been too long.

I have been exploited for too long.

I have nothing to show for it.

I am living this distress daily. 

The perpetrator of multiple abuses has been assisted to abuse me again by fickle lawyers.

You have stood by, unconcerned, unreactive, uncaring.

This latest betrayal is too great for a person to bear. 

I don’t understand why any of this was necessary.

I don’t know how you are content to abandon me to this fate. 

I don’t understand why you have taken the blade of my honesty, my loyalty, my deep care, and plunged it into my life, severing me from everything I long for. 

Your cruelty is revealed as complex, and long-lasting.

How many years is it now? 

How many years since you designated me as your most splendid fool? 

I can’t do this anymore. 

I just can’t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment