Friday 24 February 2017

I remember now

I remember now – 


I dreamed about the stars * * *  


I dreamed about the stars  * * *  not as beads of light scattered across the velvety darkness *  but as if they were alive  *  a breathing mythos swirling across the sky each night  **  I dreamed of a mystical entourage hunting in an ancient grove  *  all manner of creatures running alongside a beautiful woman and a small white dog  **  As she passed, sure-footed and strong, the heady tang of herbs rose from under her slippered feet  *  and the trees bowed and danced around her  **  She wielded a silvery bow, shooting luminous shards of music and poetry, her aim swift and true  **  Her songs told of love, fickle and sweet  *  ever close and ever distant  *  always won and always lost  *  sharp with yearning as perennial as her hunt  **  Finding me in the leafy shadows, she paused in her chase while her songs whispered around her and rushed on  **  After an ageless moment, she traced a hand across her chest  **  I saw into her ageless pursuit  *  I watched as she stalked through a millennia of seasons  **  I understood in an instant that her eternal quarry was not a beast, but the hearts of men  **  She reached a hand toward me  *  gave me a knowing look as deep as the night sky  *  and laughed * * *  



No comments:

Post a Comment