Monday 28 March 2016

I WILL

       I will not

I will not suppress the truth of my lived experience

I will not brush lightly over the terrible cost I have paid for your actions. 

I will not forbear the artistic recolouring of the circumstances of my life. 

I will not carry the weight of your convenient denial. 

I will not avert my gaze from your complicity, your failure, or your guilt. 

I will not validate your actions by accepting your excuses. 

I will not wear the dysfunction of lives that are not my own. 

I will not be defined by events that were not of my making, volition, or intent. 

I will not power your personal redemption with the force of my life, my goodness, or my charity. 

What was done, was done.  

       I will

I will find my own peace with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment