Saturday 21 November 2015

Liminal

I awoke this morning with the dancing golden light of the dreamspace still clear in my mind. 
And even as I lay there, not feeling the night’s sleep nor yet feeling the body of the day, my dawn-dreams whispered within and around me, what is the truth is the answer is the truth is the answer is the truth? - a constant gnawing question that has roamed through my nights and days these past days, weeks, months.

And in the prism of the bright sun-soaked morning, as my waking senses settled softly upon me, I thought about the threshold space, the place of pause between these sharp-divided realities: night and day, sleep and wake, ignorance and knowing.

The liminal: the transition between old things left behind and new things not yet come.

This is the vast, aching void that lies between the asking and the receiving, the seeking and the finding. The truth is formless and hasn’t been spoken. A connection has been sought but not made. An arc of energy undulates across the divide but has not yet met its target. The hero is not yet called, the mission is not set. The old constructs have been torn down, but the blueprints for the new foundation are not drawn. The insights of the past have dissolved before an understanding of the new reality has had time to grow into the empty space left behind.

The inceptive emptiness of the limen summons to itself the drumming of the shaman, the passage of the psychopomp, the flight of the hedgewitch, the ceaseless pilgrimage of the waking dreamer. The doorway to the mysteries of the ages lies in the eternally spacious gap between exhalation and inhalation. The entry into this germinal interstice is lined with illusion, distraction, discomfort. It demands nothing less than complete surrender – to free-fall utterly into the vacuum of the unknown.

And in the bright new-day gloaming, I recognised the shape of this space, this light-filled yearning within me. It’s the restless hunger that drives me forward into the labyrinth, Always, to slake the uncertain void. It’s the thirst for knowing, for understanding, for truth.

For clarity.  

So what else can I do?  What else but this?

Pay attention.

Keep writing.

And trust. Trust that there will be an answer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment